Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TheCorey's Thought #19 - Thing #19: The GoogleDoc will see you now

This entry is less a discovery exercise more than a testimonial about GoogleDocs. I currently do the day-to-day scheduling at my library. We've had a few other ways of doing schedules that had their ups and downs. After a few weeks of doing GoogleDocs (pretty much using the spreadsheet functions) and getting more comfortable with all the bells and whistles, I've found it to be a pretty handy resource. It's come in handy for when I've had to confirm some schedule information remotely (usually at a friend's house and confirming if I'm off the schedule in the near future). It also enables me to edit and communicate schedule changes and updates from more locations. For schedules, I recommend it. I suppose it would be fairly useful for some other things as well, both personally and professionally. I don't think I'm ready to give up Microsoft Office in favor of it, but I find it useful.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Testimonials are always good!