Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TheCorey's Thought #20 - Thing #20: Web 2.0 Tool - Time

For Thing #20, I decided to take a look at the Games and Entertainment category for two reasons:
1) As a advertize myself as something of a "gaming enthusiast", I figured anything to keep my
"gamer cred" up can't be too bad.
2) Personally, I like visiting online game sites when I'm looking for a game to pass an hour or so
and don't want to get too invested in any of my PC games. Dragongamez is my usual haunt and
sometimes Mousebreaker can be good.

I first tried Zango, but the library's ecurity software blocked my access to it. Galaxiki looked possibly fun, but more involved than what I was looking for. So, I tried Doof.

The Upside:
- Doof offers a large number of games.
- The games don't take too long to load up.
- Navigation is fairly intuitive.
- It offers a social networking aspect that many 2.0 users desire.

The Downside
- There aren't as many categories of games as some other online gaming sites I've visited.
- The games are rather simplistic. Also, many of the games tend to play the same way with
slightly different graphics.
- The constant pop-ups of people who have logged on kind of irritated me. Maybe a more 2.0-
oriented user mighy have preferred it. I found it intrusive.

Overall, it's not a bad online gaming site, just not a great one. I personally might think to go there once in a blue moon. Since it does offer challenge features and social networking, maybe a library with an active teen program and good internet capability could find it useful for low-cost gaming event programming.

No comments: