Thursday, January 29, 2009

TheCorey's Thought #22 - Thing #22: Podcast

I've had a few experiences with podcasting on my own. Usually, I've been directed to them via an email link (I only follow through on the ones from folks I know. I don't need any more trips to Virus City, Spamopolis or Spyware Town than I already accidently make)or a website, usually of personal interest or recommended to me for my continuining professional education. I have to admit, they're kind of fun to listen to. I've even participated in one (shameless plug follows):

http://www.lincolnlibraries.org/Podcasts/Podcasts.htm

This address links to the Casting About section of the Bookguide page from the Lincoln City Libraries. Casting About Program 24 (Pt 1. and 2) features myself and a colleague having a friendly discussion about Star Wars and Star Trek books.

Anyway, the RSS part of a few of the podcasts I stumbled across looked fairly straightforward. Being not entirely sold on RSS yet (my usual net-browsing is limited and I like actually visiting the sites to see what else is going on), I don't know I would make use of it. But, a few years from now, I may have an entirely different attitude about RSS.

No comments: